Ground Team Member Trainees -- Civil Air Patrol, "CITIZENS SERVING COMMUNITIES"
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where3976 Constitution AvenueCivil Air Patrol Squadron 150JFTB Los AlamitosLos Alamitos, CA 90720
Do you have a desire to volunteer or serve your community a few evenings per month? Do you have an interest in being part of a Search & Rescue organization that saves lives? Although we are the Auxiliary of the US Air Force and Air Search and Rescue is what we do, being a pilot or even flying is NOT necessary as there are lots of opportunities to volunteer on the ground.
Ground Team Member Trainees (UDF)Ground Search and Rescue (UDF) Team Members execute missions assigned by Federal, State and Local authorities. SAR missions can be to search for missing aircraft or missing persons. SAR teams may also respond to provide disaster relief and to conduct evaluation of critical infrastructure. Opportunities exist to become Aircrew members as well.Basic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide accurate and current personal contact information to enable emergency response.
- Obtain and maintain personal SAR equipment.
- Practice skills in back-country survival.
- Maintain fitness to travel in rough terrain.
- Utilize team equipment to find locations of distress beacons.
- Apply search techniques, and know search clues, for missing aircraft and missing persons.
- Properly use various radio equipment.
- Act as navigator in rural and back-country environments.
- Conduct basic first aid for team members and victims until other agencies are available.
The Long Beach Squadron 150 of the California Wing is comprised completely of adult members and meets at the Los Alamitos Joint Forces Training base every Thursday evening at 7:30 PM.
Squadron 150 participates in Search and Rescue (SAR) missions, Search and Rescue training exercises (SAREXes), and disaster relief efforts. In addition to providing services to the United States Air force, Squadron 150 participates with other organizations such as the Department of Homeland Security, FEMA and Cal EMA (OES).
This unit is constantly training and preparing its members for the skills necessary to provide emergency services to the public in a time of need. While the central focal point of our effort is training and preparation of aircrew for the California Wing fleet, there are many roles available to non-flying members such as ground team, radio communications, logistics, planning, and mission staff participation.
Of course, while we welcome private pilots who wish to become CAP pilots , the aircrew positions of UDF Ground Team, Mission Scanner, Mission Observer and Airborne Photographer are also in demand and may be held by non-pilots. Training is provided and no advance skills are necessary.
Veterans and disabled veterans are encouraged to join.
Come check us out at www.sq150.org
Applicants please contact: email@example.com
**CITIZENS SERVING COMMUNITIES--COME AND SERVE YOUR COMMUNITY AND YOUR COUNTRY **
- Disaster Response
- Office Management
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Search & Rescue
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Meetings every Thursday evening at 7:30 pm
- Amateur Radio / Communications...
- Finance / Accounting...
- Recruiter / Recruiting /...
- Airborne Photographer Trainee -...
- Attorney / Legal Officer, Civil...
- Medical Officer / Nurse Officer...
- Private Pilot -- Civil Air...
- Volunteer in the Civil Air...
- Ground Team Member Trainees --...
- Volunteer in the Civil Air...