Be the Mentor a San Francisco Student Needs!
DONATE TO THIS
22 people are interested
Every student deserves someone who believes in them. No matter who you are or where you come from, you have something important to share with San Francisco students. By becoming a mentor, you can be the difference-maker in helping a San Francisco student reach his or her goals.
We are the San Francisco Education Fund, the nonprofit in charge of recruiting and training volunteers for San Francisco public schools. Every year we receive as many requests from teachers for mentors as we do for tutors and classroom assistants. We will work with school staff to match you with just the right student. With just one hour a week you can make a difference. Help us make the 2019-2020 school year the best yet for San Francisco students!
About San Francisco Education Fund
2730 Bryant Street, Second Floor, San Francisco, CA 94110, US
The San Francisco Education Fund's programming focuses on one goal: improving student success in San Francisco public schools. Because no single effort can yield the results we seek, the Education Fund utilizes a multi-faceted approach focused on teachers, volunteers, students, and strategic partnerships. The Education Fund's ongoing research, policy and public engagement work spans all of our program areas.
The San Francisco Education Fund believes that strong
public schools are critical to San Francisco's viability and that the community must take action to ensure their success. By acting as a bridge between the community and the classroom, the Education Fund increases the availability and impact of resources for students and teachers throughout San Francisco public schools.
Our integrated approach:
- supports teachers with training and resources to enhance their classroom practice;
- matches volunteer skills with teacher requests;
- engages students to create positive changes in their schools;
- unites families, service providers, businesses and others to build stronger school communities; and
- informs district policy through community input and strategic partnerships.
We'll work with your schedule.
1501 O'Farrell StSan Francisco, CA 94115
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Computer Science
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- one hour, once a week
- $80 fingerprint/TB processing fee (scholarships available).Must be available during normal classroom hours. No evenings/weekends.