Solidarity Bridge, an Evanston based non-profit, is called to provide critical medical care and Fair Trade partnerships to our brothers and sisters living in poverty in Latin America.
We are seeking to engage a passionate, healthcare professional to assist with medical supply inventory needs. This volunteer will provide vital support in managing our in-office inventory process; including sorting, labeling, organizing by medical categories, and packing/preparing supplies for our medical mission trips. This volunteer would also have the opportunity to assist in the development and improvement of our inventory system and procurement efforts.
This role requires an average commitment of 5 hours a week, fluctuating depending on volume of new inventory. However, hours are flexible within Monday through Friday 9-5pm. Ideal candidates will have :
- Experience working with medical supplies (particularly surgical supplies)
- A penchant for organization and detail
- Ability to work independently
- Flexible availability
- Ability to handle light physical labor, such as placing boxes on shelves, moving suitcases around, and uses step stools and ladders to reach taller storage areas.
We are a diverse team of energized staff who love engaging volunteers in our community! Send an email to email@example.com if you are interested.
- Office Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- Inventory Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours a week on average, may fluctuate
- see description