The Salvation Army Hayward Corps, The Salvation Army Tri-Cities Corps and The Salvation Army Garden Street Family Shelter is looking for fitness instructors to help lead the individuals and families in structured fitness classes. Help empower those in need .
Hayward Corps volunteer shifts available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Tri-Cities Corps has shifts available on Wednesdays & Fridays from 10:00-10:30am
Garden Street’s volunteer schedule is flexible!
- Attend initial training to understand both The Salvation Army's mission and programs and the requirements of the position.
- Plan and teach group fitness classes
- Uphold The Salvation Army client confidentially policies and procedures.
- Ability to lead an exercise class
- Volunteer must be able to follow instructions and work with a diverse group of people.
- Pleasant manner, patience & dependability.
- Ability to work in a busy environment.
Please apply on our volunteer opportunities website:
- Dance / Aerobics
- Fitness Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of a shift a week
- Child Care Assistant
- Help People Sign Up for Seasonal...
- Harvest Festival Helper
- Kitchen Assistant
- Help Distribute Christmas Toys...
- Computer Literacy Instructor
- Worship Band Members
- Administrative Aide
- ESL Teacher
- Thanksgiving Food Distribution...
- Guitar Instructor
- Resume Workshop Instructor
- Help with USDA food distribution
- GED Instructor
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Emergency Disaster Team Volunteer
- Bingo Assistant
- After School Program Tutor
- Fitness Instructor