10 people are interested
Malden Court Community Orchard Work Party Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Green Lents
Please visit the new page to apply.
10 people are interested
The Malden Court Community Orchard (MCCO) is a community-led project of Green Lents, a 501c3 non-profit with a mission to support community-led projects that provide leadership and skill-building opportunities, that promote a culture of sharing and sustainability.
MCCO is located at 7677 SE 87th Ave. We are dedicated to growing abundance and community resiliency in and around the Lents neighborhood of Portland, Oregon. MCCO is made up of teams of volunteers that support and work towards the creation and stewardship of a multi-layered, restorative, and "open-to-all" community orchard. Our goals are to grow food, build community, restore ecological relationships, and share in the harvest.
Come join us for our monthly work parties, every third Saturday, 9am-12pm, January - November. Come volunteer with us, weeding, planting, pruning, mulching, harvesting, path maintenance and upkeep. No experience necessary.
We will provide:
- Tools and materials
- Friendly instruction and expertise
What to bring:
- Work clothes and closed-toe shoes
- A water bottle (if available)
- Suncreen/hat, raincoat during the rainy months.
- Work glove (if available)
- Your friends, family and neighbors!
Minors are welcome with parent, guardian or program supervision. Masks are not required, but physical distancing is maintained as much as possible.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 971-266-4196. Learn more at
Can't wait to see you there!
About Green Lents
9215 SE Ramona St, PORTLAND, OR 97266, US
Green Lents is a local non-profit serving the greater Lents area in SE Portland to support a more livable and thriving community.
Our programs include:
- Ecological health through native plantings and pollinator habitat enhancement
- Resource sharing and access through our Community Tool Library - a free tool lending program with home, garden, and other tools for loan, repair work parties, and other resources like books and seeds.
- Malden Court Community Orchard - working with local neighbors to plant a multi-canopy, sustainable, orchard in the Lents neighborhood; work party every 3rd Saturday of the month
- Community engagement & events - Garden swaps, Green Ring walking/biking tours, and neighborhood-wide garage sales
- Affordable housing and air quality advocacy
7677 SE 87th AvePortland, OR 97266
July 27, 2022
- Habitat Restoration
- Must be at least 12
- 3 hours