Are you interested in working with a fun, diverse and very appreciative group of adults? If so, the Salvation Army is seeking English as a Second Language (ESL) teachers.
We offer adult learners free ESL classes out of three locations in Alameda County:
- Tri-Cities Corps- fluency in Cantonese or mandarin preferred
- Chinatown Corps- - fluency in Cantonese or mandarin preferred
- Garden Street Corps- fluency in Spanish preferred
Date and time needed is flexible for all locations.
- Attend initial training to understand both The Salvation Army's mission and programs and the requirements of the position.
- Plan a curriculum with steps for teaching the English class.
- Actively encourage consistent attendance.
- Superb writing, editing and speech skills
- Knowledge of best teaching practices
- Ability to communicate with diverse population
- Pleasant manner, patience, problem-solving ability & dependability.
Please apply on our volunteer opportunities website:
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of a class a week
- Child Care Assistant
- Senior Exercise Instructor
- Kitchen Assistant
- Computer Literacy Instructor
- Worship Band Members
- ESL Teacher
- Tri-Cities Kettle Kickoff Helpers
- Help Prepare and Serve food at...
- Part-time Chaplain
- Help Prepare and Serve Food for...
- Content Writer / Internal...
- Help Distribute Thanksgiving...
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Holiday Events Coordinator
- Help Box Holiday Food for...
- Help Distribute Holiday Food and...
- Help Sort and bag Christmas Toys
- Help People Sign Up for Seasonal...
- Fitness Instructor
- Holiday Festival Helpers