The volunteer will help our affiliate select more partner families into our Homeowership Program to privide them with simple, decent and affordable homes in our community. These concentrated building efforts in neighborhoods with the greatest need will have a ripple effect on these communities; creating safer neighborhoods, better schools and a healthier community for all.
- Support the Homeownership Program Coordinator in the homeowner application and selection process.
- Help prepare Application Packets and meeting materials
- Assist with Homeownership Application Meetings
- Help check application completeness and answer questions with walk-in application submissions
- Consult applicants and help with organization during Application Workshops
- Update and maintain applicant files and application spreadsheets
- Calculate applicant incomes and assist with data entry
- Write and organize applicant denial letters with appropriate referrals and explanations
- Participate in applicant Financial Reviews, helping with credit checks and application evaluations
- Participate in Home Visits with other volunteers and staff
- Attend and participate in Family Selection Committee Recommendation Meeting
- Help schedule and prepare for New Family individual meetings and photographs
- Participate and help prepare for the Homeownership Orientation/Welcome Meeting and Family Build Day
- Other duties as necessary
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to work with low-income families of very diverse backgrounds
- Proficiency in a second language prefered
- Interest in and commitment to low-income homeownership
- Detailed orientated
- MS Word, Excel computer skills
- Strong organizational skills and time management
- High level of interpersonal skills
Note: Family Selection meetings and trainings are often in the evenings and on Saturdays. This position is for 16 hours per week.
To apply, submit a motivational statement along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with "Volunteer" in the subject by August 7.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East (HFHP/ME) revitalizes neighborhoods, builds affordable and sustainable homes, and empowers families through successful homeownership.
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18