Volunteer at an ethical big cat Sanctuary in South Africa. Contribute towards animal welfare whilst learning about the conditions big cats face in captivity and helping to raise awareness of wildlife conservation in South Africa.
This Big Cat Sanctuary volunteer project in South Africa will offer you the opportunity to get involved behind the scenes at the sanctuary. Typical tasks will include:
- Caring for the big cats
- Enrichment programme
- Preparation of food and feeding
- Cleaning and maintaining enclosures
- General farm work
- Educating visitors
Volunteers can join all year round from 2 weeks up to 3 months in duration.
The project costs are as follows; 2 weeks is £820, 3 weeks is £1040 and 4 weeks is £1280. This cost includes accommodation within the volunteer house (and use of the pool, BBQ etc.), breakfast & lunch each day, weekly transport to grocery shops, transfers to and from Cape Town for arrival and departure, all on-site volunteer activities and supervision, WorkingAbroad backup and support.
What is not included is your flights and travel to and from South Africa, dinnertime meals, visa costs, lodging in Cape Town on arrival and departure if required, personal expenses, and your own health and travel insurance.
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Volunteers can join all year round from 2 weeks up
- Teach in Cambodia
- Tibetan Teaching Programme
- Marine Conservation & Community...
- Nature's Valley Volunteer...
- Watamu Turtles, Keyna
- Volunteer to Teach in Costa Rica
- Shamwari Game Reserve,...
- Environmental Education and...
- Native Forest Volunteer Project,...
- Volunteer to Teach English in Laos
- Blue Lagoon & Coral Reef...
- Dolphin Research Volunteer, Greece
- Conservation Volunteers in...
- Volunteer with Elephants, Thailand
- Olive Ridley Sea Turtle...
- Pacific Sea Turtle Volunteer...
- White Wilderness Wolf Tracking,...
- Big Cat Sanctuary Volunteer...
- Ocean Research and Marine...
- Wildlife Conservation & San...