Volunteer at an ethical big cat Sanctuary in South Africa. Contribute towards animal welfare whilst learning about the conditions big cats face in captivity and helping to raise awareness of wildlife conservation in South Africa.
This Big Cat Sanctuary volunteer project in South Africa will offer you the opportunity to get involved behind the scenes at the sanctuary. Typical tasks will include:
- Caring for the big cats
- Enrichment programme
- Preparation of food and feeding
- Cleaning and maintaining enclosures
- General farm work
- Educating visitors
Volunteers can join all year round from 2 weeks up to 3 months in duration.
The project costs are as follows; 2 weeks is £820, 3 weeks is £1040 and 4 weeks is £1280. This cost includes accommodation within the volunteer house (and use of the pool, BBQ etc.), breakfast & lunch each day, weekly transport to grocery shops, transfers to and from Cape Town for arrival and departure, all on-site volunteer activities and supervision, WorkingAbroad backup and support.
What is not included is your flights and travel to and from South Africa, dinnertime meals, visa costs, lodging in Cape Town on arrival and departure if required, personal expenses, and your own health and travel insurance.
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Volunteers can join all year round from 2 weeks up
- Teach in Cambodia
- Tibetan Teaching Programme
- Kiwi Conservation Volunteer...
- Marine Conservation & Community...
- Nature's Valley Volunteer...
- Galapagos Community &...
- Watamu Turtles, Keyna
- Dharamsala Community Project,...
- Volunteer to Teach in Costa Rica
- Teach English in Rural Thailand
- Bear Tracking Volunteer Project,...
- Dolphin Research Project, Namibia
- Seychelles Island Conservation...
- White Wilderness Wolf Tracking,...
- Big Cat Sanctuary Volunteer...
- Cloud Forest Conservation &...
- Caribbean Reef Buddy Diving...
- Sea Search Africa
- Amazon Basin Research &...
- Oregon Nature Conservancy...