This program is designed to introduce interns to all facets of management including but not limited to: managing various personalities, team building, managing team expectations, the importance of intrapersonal communication, organizing and conducting meetings/presentations and developing people skills.
Intern Responsibilities:The Management Intern assists the Volunteer Services Manager with:
- Managing upwards of 200 Arsht Center Volunteers
- Intern recruitment, interview and hiring process
- Volunteer recruitment, orientations and trainings
- Brainstorming to develop new departmental procedures and policies
- Reviewing current management procedures in effort to identify and improve efficiencies
- Database entry and analysis to determine departmental needs, strengths and weaknesses
- Devising strategies to create new programs that satisfy the majority of various personalities
- Development and implementation volunteer/intern recruitment strategies
- Development and implementation of departmental organizational strategies
- Data entry, show preparation and other tasks as assigned
- Junior, senior or graduate status, pursuing a degree in Management, Human Resources or a related field
- Superior writing and editing skills
- 16+ hours of availability per week between 9:00 am and 5:30 pm plus availability to assist during night and weekend performances and events
- Strong interest in the arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 16 hours minimum per week
- Fall 2016 Information Technology...
- Fall 2016 Promotions Internship
- Fall 2016 Graphic/Online Design...
- Fall 2016 Theatre Production...
- Fall 2016 Events/Advancement...
- Fall 2016 Corporate Fundraising...
- Fall 2016 Marketing/ Advertising
- Fall 2016 Accounting Internship
- Fall 2016 Marketing/Advertising...
- Fall 2016 Public Relations...
- Fall 2016 Volunteer Services...
- Fall 2016 Non-Profit Grant...