BioEYES, a K-12 science outreach program, is a small program within the Carnegie Institution for Science (aka Carnegie Insitution of Washington). We train teachers to independently bring hands-on science opportunities inside and outside of their classrooms, and provide science programming to students and the public in Baltimore. What makes our programs unusual is that we use live, transparent fish to get kids excited about science!
BioEYES seeks an Outreach Coordinator who will be responsible for the following:
- Schedule teachers, scientists and volunteers for events and programming
- Maintain master calendar (Google)
- Maintain field trip schedules (Excel)
- Input volunteer information into Filemaker Pro database
- Recruit and engage volunteers
- Attend teacher trainings in order to schedule teachers. These occur ~6 times on Saturdays in the fall.
- Collaborate with staff and stakeholders regarding event logistics and needs
Optional duties could include (depending on your interest): delivering supplies and equipment (up to 40 pounds, using own car) to teachers in local schools, assisting in classrooms, or helping at various events (science festivals and field trips).
This is an unpaid position. This is also a flexible position and we are willing to work with you to create an experience you enjoy. Many of the duties for the position can be done virtually/at home but some activities require travel to Carnegie in Baltimore, or optionally, to schools or events.
BioEYES is celebrating having served over 100,000 students this year! Join us in our mission to bring an equitable education to underserved students in Baltimore City Public Schools. For more information about BioEYES, visit www.bioeyes.org.
- Data Entry
- Google Apps
- Macintosh Platform
- Microsoft Office Suite
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-10 hours/week
- Minimum 6 month commitment