The Philadelphia Math and Science Coalition of the Philadelphia Education Fund seeks to provide Math & Science Tutors for the 2016-2017 school year at Kensington Health Sciences Academy in Philadelphia.
What Do Math & Science Tutors Do?
* IN PERSON - Tutor students for 2-4 hours per week for one semester in a classroom with the teacher present. Help individual students and small groups of students with daily work. Tutor hours/time can be negotiated to fit your schedule
* IN PERSON - In a supervised after-school program from 3-4 PM at the school’s 12 Center
You may volunteer 1 or more days per week. Orientation materials and school visit provided. Volunteers must obtain current Pennsylvania State Police and child abuse clearances.
To register or to find out more:
Contact Eric Langenmayr at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Math / Science Instruction
- Computer Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week for one semester
- Interest/background in science/math teaching; willingness to volunteer in urban education setting