WhenTue Jul 05, 2016 - Fri Sep 30, 2016
Where500 E. Ceasar ChavezAustin, TX 78701
The Capital City Black Film Festival Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for recruiting, training and mobilizing volunteers for the Festival. Reporting to Director of Strategic Planning and Program Management, this position is responsible for the day-to-day coordination of volunteers.
- Build volunteer base and conduct volunteer orientation.
- Continuously identify new volunteer opportunities.
- Match volunteer interests with opportunities and needs.
- Work closely with CCBFF staff supervisors to help manage and monitor work assignments, track volunteer hours and numbers of volunteers.
- Capture contact information of all volunteers. Place them on TTG mailing list for newsletters and appeals.
- Establish and implement volunteer recognition program/event.
- Help plan and host a volunteer appreciation event after the Festival.
- Follow up with new volunteers after their first time volunteering and periodically throughout the year, thanking them for their support. Establish relationships.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to coordinate and direct the work of others.
- Ability to exercise a high level of tact and discretion in both internal and external interactions. Ability to motivate and lead a team and work as a team member.
- Ability to create and maintain good working relationships with a variety of constituents.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- >90 Days; 2 hours per day