If you love being outdoors, we could use some extra hands to help us harvest crops. We are currently looking for a few enthusiastic people who share our love of Weir River Farm to assist us on Tuesday and/or Friday afternoons from 1:00 p.m. to 4 p.m., between July and October. No prior experience required.
* Safely and properly harvest vegetables
* Maintain communication with the farm staff
* Log volunteer hours
* Able to work efficiently with your hands
* Able to use hand tools safely and to follow instructions
* Able to visually differentiate between ready/ripe crops and unready/undersized crops
* Able to work in a team and/or independently
* Able to lift and carry up to 50lb frequently
* Dress in appropriate clothes and footwear to work outside in all weather
* Able to walk on a variety of surfaces including grass or uneven surfaces, as well as physically able to lift and bend
3 hours a week on Tuesday and/or Friday afternoons, early July through October. Prefer multi week commitment, but will consider one time option as well.
The Yellow House at 140 Turkey Hill Lane, Hingham, MA 02043
For more information, contact
Eileen Small, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 781-784-0567 x5501
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Tuesdays and/or Fridays 1-4
- Gardening Volunteer - Weir River...
- Gardening Volunteer - Powisset...
- Event Volunteer - Bird Park
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Event Volunteer at Eleanor Cabot...
- Bricklayer/Mason - Bradley Estate
- Farm Educator Volunteer -...
- Story Time Volunteer - Powisset...
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- Horticulture Volunteer - Bradley...
- Gardening Volunteer - Mytoi
- Gardening Volunteer - The FARM...
- Friday Community Garden...
- Skilled Trades Volunteer -...
- Painter Volunteer - Weir River...
- Children's Public Program...
- Nature Based Educator - Rocky...
- World's End Ambassador
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...
- Greenhouse Assistant Volunteer -...