Weir River Farm is just one of The Trustees thriving community supported agriculture programs. We are currently looking for enthusiastic people who share our love of the outdoors and wish to contribute to maintaining our sustainably grown produce and flowers by joining our Thursday CSA Harvest Crew. Volunteers will be asked to assist on our distribution day by restocking produce for our shareholders, keeping the area tidy and organized, and assisting with harvesting and weeding as needed.
* Restock produce as needed
* Assist visitors with selection of produce
* Work with our farm crew to control weeds in the fields
* Maintain communication with the farmer
* Log volunteer hours weekly
* An eagerness to participate in the work of growing food
* Able to use hand tools (such as hoes, trowels, dibbles) safely and effectively
* Able to recognize crops from weeds in the field
* Able to follow instructions and work in a team
* Dress in appropriate clothes and footwear
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time and ability to bend
* Ability to walk on a variety of surfaces including grass or uneven surfaces
* Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
* Ideal candidates would be able to commit to a consistent weekly schedule
Time Commitment Needed
Thursdays, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm OR 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm; June - October
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Thurs. June-Oct, 8-12 OR 2-6
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Event Volunteer at Eleanor Cabot...
- Bricklayer/Mason - Bradley Estate
- CSA Harvest Crew - Weir River Farm
- Field Assistant Volunteer -...
- Holiday Event Planner - Bradley...
- Communications Outreach...
- Friday Community Garden...
- Children's Public Program...
- Property Ambassador - Governor...
- Property Ambassador - Francis...
- Event Assistant - Haskell Garden
- Carpenter Volunteer - Charles...
- Wednesday Workday Corps -...
- Saturday Drop-In Volunteer -...
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...