The Resident Advisor is one third of a team of youth workers grounded in positive youth development, harm-reduction and trauma-informed care working to ensure homeless youth ages 16-22 living at Rezek House have the opportunity to successfully transition into independent living at the end of their stay. Rezek strives to provide a positive emotional and social living environment for Rezek Residents. The RA is selected on the basis of displaying sensitivity to and interest in at-risk youth, respect for dignity and worth of the individual, open-mindedness on issues, degree of empathy, ability to handle unpredictable teenagers and make good decisions and sound judgment calls. The RA needs to be able to help build community with youth.
The main responsibility of the Resident Advisor is to live on site and be available to youth after hours and on weekends to provide support and guidance. The RA helps empower residents to grow and develop as responsible community members. The RA helps to create a positive, safe living environment. This is accomplished by the following:
* Building healthy relationships with the residents
* Attend community dinner/house meeting at least one time /month
* Assist residents in developing relationships with one another
* Assist residents with conflict resolution as needed
* Work in partnership with the Rezek team to help residents accomplish their goals
* Hold residents accountable for their behavior in coordination with program staff
* Role modeling positive attitudes and behaviors
* Serving as a resource
* Respond to and deescalate crises
* Represent LSS professionally in the broader community
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Be a companion for a senior.
- Make A Meal Volunteer
- Make Fleece Blankets for Camp...
- Training Intern
- Homeless Youth Apartment...
- Meals on Wheels Drivers
- Childcare volunteer
- Resident Advisor
- Immersion Experience
- Connect for Kids - Volunteer in...
- Crisis Nursery Volunteer
- Shelter Support Volunteer
- Family Support Volunteer
- Respite Care Volunteer
- Support Youth Experiencing...