The Nicaraguan Education Resource Center (also known as "CREA!") is excited to be taking applications for a volunteer grant writer. We seek candidates who are motivated to fundraise for a growing nonprofit which works to advance literacy and knowledge in order to improve the lives of families in rural Nicaragua. S/he will be a self-starter who is able to work independently and take initiative to achieve high-quality work. S/he will be eager to collaborate with a diverse, multi-national team of individuals, which may include volunteers, staff, and board members. A successful candidate will also enjoy working or volunteering in team-based and remote environments.
Our volunteer grant writer plays a vital role in our organization’s fundraising strategy. This individual drafts grants and reports, completes online applications, copy-edits proposals, creates attachments, and participates in our weekly team conference calls. Although no prior grant writing experience is necessary, we request candidates already have strong writing and analytical skills, be super smart, and detail-minded. We encourage applications from individuals who are effective communicators, which means they are open and enthusiastically able to ask for and respond to feedback and supply honest, meaningful feedback to others. We also actively seek candidates who can commit 5-10 hours each week for a period of at least 3 months.
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals seeking to gain experience in the nonprofit sector or develop their grant writing capabilities. As a successful candidate, you will
- gain substantial grant writing experience;
- be supported and mentored by a highly collaborative team of individuals who have past success winning grants from private foundations;
- help grow and develop our organization's priority education and literacy projects which include a mobile lending library, tutoring program, a youth-led micro enterprise development effort as well as a health and domestic violence prevention education initiative;
- contribute to the legacy of an organization which seeks to improve the lives of families living in rural Nicaragua.
To apply, please submit a 2-page resume; cover letter that explains your interest in the position; and a writing sample of 2-5 pages to highlight your writing skills and analytical capabilities. Address all materials to Ms. Corrie Burdett, Executive Director at email@example.com; include the phrase "Grant Writing Volunteer" in the subject line.
For more information about our ongoing efforts, please visit our website at https://creanicaragua.org/.
- People Skills
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Grant Writing / Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-10 hours/week for min. 3 months