Are you a tech-savvy individual looking to spend time with a senior and make a direct impact? Our Tech Tutor Volunteers work one-on-one with seniors and teach them how to use current technology and the tools that enable them to stay connected with family and friends and improve their quality of their life.
- Commit to a weekly tutoring shift
- Help a senior learn how to use their laptop, smartphone, tablet or e-reader
- Act as a resource and guide, helping them learn how to find resources and information
- Work closely with Eden staff and report on any issues or get support when needed
- Understand how to use basic technology: laptops, smartphones, and email.
- Previous technology tutoring experience is preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience working with seniors is preferred, but not required.
- Patience and an ability to explain things simply to someone who did not grow up being immersed in technology.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a positive personality and demeanor.
You will LOVE working with this age group; helping them get online and connected with family and friends and their passions. Tech Tutors will gain insight into the life and experience of a senior as well as the reward and satisfaction that comes from helping an older person connect to others, become more engaged to the community and learn new skills.
Tutors must commit to one shift per week for at least three months. Shifts are at least one hour, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30-5:30 pm.
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Internet Research
- Cantonese / Mandarin
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check