PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To perform landlord and vet checks on potential adoptive families.
TIME REQUIREMENT: Approximately 3-5 hours per week.
To contact landlords of potential adoptive families and verify pet restrictions on lease.
To contact current vet of potential adoptive families and ensure that all resident pets are current on vaccinations and preventatives.
CONTACTS WITH OTHERS: Correspondence with adoption counselors, potential adoptive families, veterinarians, and landlords on a regular basis. Correspondence with lead adoption counselor and adoption team director on a semi-regular basis. Correspondence with other volunteers as needed.
CONTROLS OVER WORK : This position reports to the Adoption Team Director.
Must be proficient with use of email and have regular phone access.
Ability to work virtually (phone, email) on a regular basis.
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, and maintain professional level correspondence at all times.
Must be organized and skilled at record-keeping.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- approximately 3-5 hours per week
- Volunteer Assistant Director
- Adoptions Craig's List (CL)...
- Fundraising Event Coordinator
- Medical Coordinator
- Shelter Customer Service Volunteer
- Blog content writer
- On-Line Customer Service Volunteer
- Adoptline Volunteer
- Volunteer Coordinator
- PASS (Positive Alternatives to...
- Fundraising Director
- Foster/medical administrator
- Landlord and Vet Check Volunteer
- Graphic Designer
- Grant Writer
- Social Media Intern
- Volunteer Events Coordinator
- Rescue Coordinator
- Foster Representative