PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To perform and document landlord and vet checks for potential adoptive families to ensure all pets go to a safe home.
TIME REQUIREMENT: Approximately 3-5 hours per week.
- Verify residential information and any pet restrictions by contacting the landlord of potential adoptive families.
- Ensure that all resident pets of potential adoptive families are current on vaccinations and preventatives by contact their current veterinarian for verification.
CONTACTS WITH OTHERS: Correspondence with other adoption counselors, potential adoptive families, veterinarians, and landlords on a regular basis. Correspondence with lead adoption counselor and adoption team director on a semi-regular basis. Correspondence with other volunteers as needed.
CONTROLS OVER WORK: This position reports to the Adoption Team Director.
- Must be proficient with use of email (experience with Gmail preferred, but not required).
- Must have consistent access to Internet, email, and phone in order to work virtually (phone calls/emails) on a regular basis.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, and maintain professional level correspondence at all times.
- Must be organized and skilled at record-keeping.
- Data Entry
- Office Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- approximately 3-5 hours per week
- Feral Cat Colony Manager
- Adoptions Craig's List (CL)...
- Animal Assistance Partner...
- Events Lead
- Supply Coordinator
- Medical Coordinator - Virtual...
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Foster Application Vetter
- Internal Newsletter Editor /...
- Foster/medical administrator
- Help us find new volunteers as...
- Rescue Partner Medical Coordinator
- Landlord and Vet Check Volunteer
- Graphic Designer
- Animal Vet Application Approval...
- Rent A Dog Coordinator
- Social Media Manager
- Positive Alternatives to Shelter...
- Foster Parent Representative
- Do you like going to events,...