Willamalane Park and Recreation District needs your help to assist in leading, and organizing community based programs for individuals with disabilities.
Here are a few duties and expectations for this volunteer position.
- Assists in the implementation of adaptive recreation community outings, classes and in-house programs
- Assists with activity records, such as taking attendance and communicating important information with the program leaders.
- Volunteers must assist patrons in food/admission acquisition prior to taking care of themselves.
- Volunteers are expected to arrive 15 min prior to the start of the program and remain till at least 15 min post program.
- Volunteers assisting in the Bingo program must be able to count 1-100 and visually identify the numbers.
- Volunteers must complete volunteer training with program supervisor including training in bending, lifting, pushing and pulling prior to the beginning of their service.
- Volunteers must be physically able to and lift up to 25lbs.
- Volunteer must be over 16 years old.
- Must complete a volunteer application and have a successful volunteer interview
- Pass a criminal and a DHS background check
- Must present a professional appearance and a friendly manner
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Be courteous and personable when dealing with the public
- Be self-directed, willing to take initiative and detail oriented
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of Willamalane volunteers, partners, patrons, and sponsors.
- Computer and clerical skills are desired but not mandatory.
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Special Needs
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training