Grant Writer for Grassroots Youth Organization
IT TAKES TWO, INC
The Grant Writer is responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to grant-making organizations and will persuasively communicate IT TAKES TWO, INC’s mission, vision, and programs to potential funders. The Grant Writer will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with granter contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
This position requires the writer to possess excellent research, writing, and communication skills, a self-starter attitude, understands the value of following through on tasks, and is reliable, organized, thorough and timely.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with executive team to develop and implement an annual development plan/strategy to increase annual grant revenue;
- Develop/write grant proposals to foundations and grant-making organizations, persuasively;
- communicating organization’s mission and programs to potential funders;
- Assemble/submit grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations;
- Conduct prospect/funding research;
- Oversee fundraising database & gift acknowledgment letters to donors;
- Report progress in grant research, grant submission, and outcomes to executive leadership;
- Partner with Directors of Communications on annual appeals and reports
- 5+ years previous grant writing experience required, preferably with small grassroots organizations;
- Proven track record of success;
- Passion for youth, education, and creating opportunities for young people;
- Able to process and exercise discretion when handling confidential information and materials
About IT TAKES TWO, INC
PO BOX 787, GAMBRILLS, MD 21054, US
IT TAKES TWO, INC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to enriching the lives of young people and increasing the opportunities of youth in and around Anne Arundel and Prince George’s County and the greater Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area. Our mission is to enhance the educational experiences for young people from single parent households by awarding scholarships to address a variety of basic as well as expansive educational needs. It is our goal to promote the significance of education, build self-awareness, and encourage our youth; ultimately creating tomorrow's leaders today.
Our vision is simple: to create tomorrow’s leader today, one community at a time.
In our committment to improving the educational journey of students living in single parent homes, our scholarships are awarded to students in grade four through college. We feel that by starting in fourth grade we can begin to cultivate an attitude of academic excellence; we can start to formulate students' thinking so that once they reach high school they are prepared to pursue higher education opportunities with increased ease.
Five scholarships are awarded each year. Currently, we are serving Prince George's and Anne Arundel County (MD). Each year we seek to add a new county until we have served the entire Maryland, Virginia, and DC area.
Students' social and emotional well-being is important to their academic success; therefore, we host workshops that address topics such as bullying, financial literacy, how to find and apply for scholarships, and effective resume writing and interview etiquette skills.