Grant Writer for Grassroots Youth Organization
6 people are interested
The Grant Writer is responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to grant-making organizations and will persuasively communicate IT TAKES TWO, INC’s mission, vision, and programs to potential funders. The Grant Writer will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with granter contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
This position requires the writer to possess excellent research, writing, and communication skills, a self-starter attitude, understands the value of following through on tasks, and is reliable, organized, thorough and timely.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with executive team to develop and implement an annual development plan/strategy to increase annual grant revenue;
- Develop/write grant proposals to foundations and grant-making organizations, persuasively;
- communicating organization’s mission and programs to potential funders;
- Assemble/submit grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations;
- Conduct prospect/funding research;
- Oversee fundraising database & gift acknowledgment letters to donors;
- Report progress in grant research, grant submission, and outcomes to executive leadership;
- Partner with Directors of Communications on annual appeals and reports
- 5+ years previous grant writing experience required, preferably with small grassroots organizations;
- Proven track record of success;
- Passion for youth, education, and creating opportunities for young people;
- Able to process and exercise discretion when handling confidential information and materials
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Internet Research
- Grant Writing / Research
- Donor Management
- Business Development
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours/month
- Proactive go-getter that is passionate about securing funding to further our mission