Seasons Hospice and Palliative Care is seeking friendly canines to join our loyal friends pet team. Volunteer’s along with their furry friends would be fostering meaningful connections with patients in the Denver area that could benefit from pet therapy. The ideal volunteer is patient, compassionate, and has a heart for the elderly and dying.
For the protection of our patients all pets MUST be certified through an organization which assesses their temperment as therapy animals. Therapy animals must be certified through an appropriate organization (Pet Partners, Therapy Dogs International, AKC Therapy Dog Program and Therapy Dogs Incorporated), current with vaccinations, and pass an assessment for compatibility with specific hospice patient. Some training is also required for handlers to ensure you feel equipped to help our hospice patients.
Seasons Hospice will reiumburse the costs of the certification for select individuals who have financial limmitation. Please contact for more details.
- People Skills
- Spiritual Healing
- Community Outreach
- Hospice Care
- Animal Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 1 hour per week
- Pets must be certified for temperment
- Facilitate Legacy Projects for...
- Vigil Volunteer
- Theology Students and Hospice
- Sensory Based Volunteering for...
- Hospice Music Companion
- Care Companion Volunteer
- Ecumenical Hospice Volunteer
- Wilderness Therapy and Hospice
- Veteran to Veteran Volunteer
- Interorganizational Hospice Liason
- Active Listening Hospice Volunteer
- Hospice Volunteering For Med...
- Spanish Speaking Hospice Volunteer
- Memory Bear/ Pillow Sewer
- Art Therapy and Hospice
- Pet Therapy and Hospice
- Circle of Care
- Aromatherapy and Hospice
- Mindfulness and Hospice