Available Volunteer Opportunity: Men's Residential Home Direct Care (Administrative)
Duration: Ongoing volunteers are needed for 4-6 hours per shift, one or more days a week. A commitment of six months or longer encouraged.
Depending on your role, your tasks may include:
* Greeting clients
* Assisting clients over the phone/directing them to program staff
* Coordinating appointments
* Assists supervisor in charge
Impact: By serving with this volunteer opportunity, you will help meet basic needs of people in the Greater Hartford community. Your contribution will help to work towards increasing the impact of basic needs provision through an environment that fosters a culture of respect and dignity, and helps people gain stability in their lives.
In order to volunteer you should be:
* A registered Urban Alliance volunteer
* 25 years or older
* Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
* Able to interact with people in a calm, patient manner
* Responsible, organized and dependable
* Certified as a dietician or nutritionist
* Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
* Mature (male preferred)
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Dietician/Nutritionist Needed!
- Are You Handy? Housing...
- Prayer Volunteers Needed!
- Tutor and Mentor Students In...
- Help Clothe People in Need!
- Spanish Translators Needed!
- Greet Youth & Provide...
- Help Provide a Warm Meal to...
- Serve Families in Need! Mobile...
- Got Musical Talent? Help Provide...
- Food Pantry Shopping Assistants...
- Volunteer at an After-School...
- Are you able to lift up to 50lb...
- Be a Children's Sunday School...
- Food Loaders Needed!
- Do You Enjoy Children at Play?...
- Help Sort Donations & Stock...
- Direct Care Assistants Needed...
- Food Pantry Greeters Needed!
- Food Donation Pick-Up...