Lead a Men's Bible-Based Group
Impact area: Mental, emotional and relational health
Hours: Weekday mornings, afternoons and evenings (flexible)
Desired level of commitment: 2-3 hours per week for 12-16 weeks
Age requirement: 21
Tasks may include:
* Leading a Bible-based group for men residing at a transitional living home (curriculum provided)
* Praying with group members
* Providing emotional support for group members
In order to volunteer, you should be:
* A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
* Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
* A Christian
* Comfortable leading a group (8-15 people)
* Able to interact well with people
* Open to engaging with people who are facing substance-abuse struggles
* Male (preferred)
* Spanish-speaking skills a plus
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
- Adult Education
- Public Speaking
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Provide Administrative Support...
- Assist Clients and Coordinate...
- Assist at a Community Meal...
- Provide Worship Music
- Pick Up and Deliver Boxes of...
- Load Boxes of Food into Vehicles...
- Be an Ambassador for Adult Club...
- Provide Worship Music at a...
- Spread the Word About...
- Distribute Food and Clothing at...
- Assist With Registration at a...
- Provide Administrative...
- Assist With Pick Up and Delivery...
- Provide Prayer for Women...
- Assist as Childcare Worker
- Assist at Teacher Resource Center
- Assist Lead Teacher
- Assist With Cleaning at...
- Supervise Children During...
- Provide Care for Women Employed...