Men's Bible Study Group Leader
Impact area: Mental, emotional and relational health
Hours: Weekday mornings, afternoons and evenings (flexible)
Desired level of commitment: 2-3 hours per week for 12-16 weeks
Age requirement: 21
Tasks may include:
* Leading a Bible-based group for men residing at a transitional living home (curriculum provided)
* Praying with group members
* Providing emotional support for group members
In order to volunteer, you should be:
* A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
* Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
* A Christian
* Comfortable leading a group (8-15 people)
* Able to interact well with people
* Open to engaging with people who are facing substance-abuse struggles
* Male (preferred)
* Spanish-speaking skills a plus
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
- Adult Education
- Public Speaking
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Administrative Assistant for...
- Front Desk Assistant for...
- Community Meal Assistant
- Worship Musician at Street...
- Food Pantry Pick-Up and Delivery...
- Food Pantry Vehicle Loader
- Ambassador for Adult Club...
- Website and Graphic Designer
- Medical Professionals/Students...
- Intake Assistant for Health...
- Worship Musician for...
- Event Marketing Assistant for...
- Food and Clothing Distributor at...
- Event Registration Assistant for...
- Administrative Assistant at...
- Prayer Provider for Women...
- Food Pantry Inventory Assistant
- Childcare Assistant
- Assistant to the Lead Teacher
- Childcare Assistant for Mothers...