Available Volunteer Opportunity: Bible Based Group Leaders for Men's Residential Home
Duration: Ongoing volunteers are needed for 2-3 hours per shift, one day a week. A commitment of four to six months are encouraged.
Depending on your role, your tasks may include:
* Leading a 5-6 week Bible-based group for men residing at a transitional living home (curriculum provided)
* Praying with men in group
* Providing emotional support for men in group
Impact: By serving with this volunteer opportunity, you will help meet basic needs of people in the Greater Hartford community. Your contribution will help to work towards increasing the impact of basic needs provision through an environment that fosters a culture of respect and dignity, and helps people gain stability in their lives.
In order to volunteer you should be:
* A registered Urban Alliance volunteer
* 21 years or older
* Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
* Able to interact with people in a calm, patient manner
* Responsible, organized and dependable
* Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
* Mature (male preferred)
* Comfortable leading a group (8-15 men)
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
- Adult Education
- Public Speaking
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Dietician/Nutritionist Needed!
- Are You Handy? Housing...
- Prayer Volunteers Needed!
- Tutor and Mentor Students In...
- Help Clothe People in Need!
- Spanish Translators Needed!
- Do You Have a Heart to Serve?...
- Greet Youth & Provide...
- Help Provide a Warm Meal to...
- Serve Families in Need! Mobile...
- Got Musical Talent? Help Provide...
- Food Pantry Shopping Assistants...
- Volunteer at an After-School...
- Are you able to lift up to 50lb...
- Be a Children's Sunday School...
- Breakfast Coordinators Needed!
- Help Sort Donations & Stock...
- Direct Care Assistants Needed...
- Food Pantry Greeters Needed!
- Food Donation Pick-Up...