JOB TITLE:Counseling & Intake Resident Volunteer
REPORTS TO: Intake Specialist and Counseling Team Lead
JOB FUNCTIONS:The Counseling & Intake Resident Volunteer is responsible for helping all efforts related to organizing and communicating within intake, prescreen, and counseling department.
- Manage counseling/intake waiting room by answering phone calls, greeting residents and potential residents, and assisting with efficient flow of intake clients between buildings.
- Make copies and complete projects for counselors and intern counselors daily as needed.
- Give orientations to potential residents of what to expect while waiting, on wait list, and answer general questions about Uplift U program and life at Metropolitan Ministries. Offer encouragement as resident.
- Walk potential Uplift U residents between pre-screen within outreach and intake at Miracle Place and back as needed to assist with resident intake assessment completion. Ensure counselors know resident appointments waiting for them in waiting area.
- Schedule appointments using Microsoft Outlook and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Available at least a day Monday - Friday from 1pm to 5pm
- Assist with maintenance of sign up sheet.
- Make copies of driver’s licenses and social security cards. Review checklist of all documentation requirements so prepared to share all necessary documents.
- Maintain communication with miracle place to know when interns are ready for another assessment
SKILLS GAINED FROM THIS EXPERIENCE
- Team, inter-personal, communication skills
- Communication with a variety of people: ages, cultures, genders, & socio-economic backgrounds.
- Office Management skills: copies, answering phones, filing, some computer.
- Multi-tasking skills
- Organization skills
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Office Management
- Office Reception
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours a week for a minimum of 3 months