We provide the vehicle, travel expenses and travel assistance - we just need you to volunteer your time as a safe driver! Travel times vary from an hour to a few hours. Missions typically begin in the morning. **LOCAL Drivers With WEEKDAY Availability Is In High Demand!**
We are a new 501(c)(3) nonprofit seeking the assistance of volunteer drivers to help survivors of domestic violence reunite with family or get to shelter. You could be a hero to a victim who needs help getting to a new life away from abuse.
Basic Criteria: we need volunteers aged 21+ who have a good driving record and clean background...
- willing to deliver fuel cards to survivors of domestic abuse preparing to travel on their own
- willing to drive a survivor of domestic abuse from a safe Dallas location to a Greyhound bus station
- willing to drive a survivor of domestic abuse from a safe Dallas location to a shelter or family just outside of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex
The majority of our callers are women who feel comfortable with a woman driver.
See our website for more details about this opportunity: www.FamiliestoFreedom.org/volunteer.php
Feel free to call for more info at 972-885-7020 or to schedule an orientation by emailing volunteer@FamiliestoFreedom.org. It would be super if you include your phone number in your response to help coordinate orientation scheduling.
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Bus/Van Driving
- Community Outreach
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- orientation & training expect up to 2 hrs
- Smartphone required