WE ARE STARTING TO PLAN OUR SIS ANNUAL FUNDRAISER / COMEDY NIGHT AND NEED EXPERIENCED HELP! EVENT DATE: SATURDAY, MARCH 24, 2018 (at FLEMINGTON ELKS)
Spring Reins of Life is a volunteer run organization in central New Jersey. We are a small nonprofit providing powerful life saving /life changing therapy for trauma survivors with the assistance of horses. The reason we are a volunteer run organization is so that the majority of fundraising dollars can be spent on services for veterans, at risk teens and bereaved children, not salaries.
Spring Reins of Life is seeking a retired or semi-retired person who has ample Event Fundraising experience and is local to central New Jersey to help us move this mission forward.CURRENT ANNUAL EVENT/March SCRATCH THAT - this year will be APRIL!:The Swing into Spring event is annual in March (Saturday closest to the spring equinox) and has already begun to have a following. This coming year will be the 4th annual SIS fundraising event on Saturday, April 21, 2018 at the Flemington Elks Lodge (on SR 31) which will seat 350 persons. Two comedians have agreed to offer their services to repeat from last year. Last year the event sold out! We ran out of food. So this year we are asking Applebees, ShopRite, Buffalo Wild Wings (present last year) to repeat their sponsorship and bring more food! Other food vendors will be needed and welcomed. We also must gather in advance gift baskets and silent auction items.
COMMITTEE NEEDS YOUR HELP (do you have expertise/contacts for any of the following):
- Gathering gift baskets (or items to assemble into gift baskets). There is a cap at 50 baskets.
- Gathering items for silent auction (goal is 15-20 total)
- Securing additional food sponsors/ booths. We ask local eateries to set up a table/ service station to look like their restaurant. We ask them to bring staff to serve our guests (buffet style) and can have coupons, catering menus, and flare on their table to promote their business. We usually ask them to include gift certs to add to baskets so that one winner will come in their doors...
- Gathering assorted liquor and wine bottles for a quick paced table raffle.
- Selling business card program ads to local and NJ state businesses (1 biz card ad = $25.00)
- Selling tickets / promoting the sale of tickets (and full tables)
- Outreach and promotion
- Pre Event Set Up/ Staffing night of the event
SRoL's annual Open House and Live EAP Demo is on June 3rd, 2018 and we will have fliers ready to be placed at this event. There is also a informational slideshow (PPT) honoring SRoL's donors and sponsors as well as many pictures of the Herd in action which runs on a video screen for the duration of the event. We welcome more ideas and ways to spread awareness about the work we do and the mission it serves.
ADDITIONAL FUNDRAISING OPPORTUNITY:
That creates an opportunity to have a fundraising event in the fall of a different nature. Bike ride (either bicycle or motorcycle), a 5k, a dinner / dance, etc.
We seek a helper who knows how to capitalize on event fundraising, where we have one night or a few hours to raise money! Anticipated time involved will be higher in Feb/March and some time in April/May (to invite the right potential funders to demo) as the current events stand. There are some systems in place (data bases from past events, vendors, donors, etc.) so would not be starting from scratch. However we see the need for the right person who has contacts, expertise and a proven system to be the missing link to our super success! We have enough passionate volunteers to assist this role in being successful but no one currently able to lead the charge.
If you love horses, are passionate about helping combat veterans with PTSD, inner city youth (at risk and homeless teens), children 5-10 years old who suffer traumatic loss - and/or all of the above...consider being a part of the Spring Reins of Life team! We are passionately committed to helping those who do not want to, refuse to, or simply cannot "talk about it" to find present moment, rebuild trust (in others and themselves) and create personalized coping skills to where surviving moderate/severe trauma is doable. Life is liveable!
Here is a short video by Upworthy that aired on Veterans Day 2015 about our Operation Horse program, it will give you a small idea of what we do and why we do it! The right volunteer with event fundraising expertise will be directly helping those who suffer greatly with the internal injuries of severe trauma:
- Event Planning / Management
- Event Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 22
- Planning stage average 4 to 5 hours a week
- Retired or Semi-Retired Event / Fundraising Planning Professional