Goal: Serve as an ambassador for small producers around the world that create our handmade goods.
- Share the Fair Trade mission and convey its importance to our guests.
- Operate the register to finalize sales and clock in and out to track your hours.
- Learn the history and mission of Ten Thousand Villages.
- Learn the product and producer information, store policies and procedures.
- Advocate for craftspeople by sharing their stories with customers.
- Greet and assist customers in an interactive and welcoming manner.
- Unpack price and stock merchandise as needed.
- Light cleaning and organizing to maintain appealing sales floor appearance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Interest in and commitment to the Ten Thousand Villages mission and Fair Trade.
- Willingness to learn policies, procedures and product information
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people and promote the store for the benefit of our artisans.
- Regualr access to an email account.
Minimum - 8 hours per month (1 full day or 2 half days).
- Meet many different people with similar interests and different experiences.
- Fun, relaxed and warm work environment.
- Learn more about artisans and crafts.
- Volunteer functions to thank you for your hard work and effort.
Supervisor: Lead Sales Associates, Volunteer Coordinator, Store Manager
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- 8 Hours Monthly
- We are always looking for long-term commitments when you are able!