The Housing Intern will research low-income housing opportunities in San Diego and will act as an advocate for refugees.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Contact low-income housing units in San Diego to determine availabilities, wait list lengths, and how to apply
- Reach out to low-income housing units in San Diego that are not aware of the refugee process
- Help clients apply for low-income housing units which includes section 8 housing
- Act as a resource to clients and staff about low-income housing processes
- Well spoken
- Driver’s license, car insurance, and own car
- Willing to use own car to drive clients to appointments or to meet with housing managers
- Comfortable meeting with housing managers and advocating for refugees
- Comfortable on the phone
- Understanding of fair housing laws and regulations, or willingness to learn about it
- Customer Service
- Case Work / Management
- Customer Acquisition
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10+ hours/week
- We need a fun emcee! Help...
- Refugee Resettlement Pathways to...
- Outreach Intern
- Immigration Outreach Volunteer
- Refugee Resettlement Cultural...
- Refugee Resettlement Grants Intern
- Refugee Resettlement Welcoming...
- Volunteer ESL Instructor
- Refugee Resettlement Housing...
- Refugee Resettlement Admin Intern
- Event Coordinator Intern- Child...
- Social Media Intern-...