The Trustees is looking for event planners, interior decorators, elfs (!) and creative, enthusiastic people to help plan and implement a two-week December holiday celebration at the Eleanor Cabot Bradley Estate in Canton! Come work side-by-side with other volunteers under the direction of both the General Manager and Engagement Site Manager at the Eleanor Cabot Bradley Estate in developing an indoor and outdoor set of activities and decorative look to the Estate over the December holidays. The planning will begin in June and include biweekly to weekly check-ins on progress with planning, outreach and designs up until the actual event takes place. The position includes implementation of the plan over the two week period in December (tentatively the first two weeks of December). Work will include independent activities that can be done at home, meetings at the Estate, and hands-on creation of displays, exhibits, and interpretative materials - and/or assistance with welcoming guests during the celebration.
* Design decorative displays in the Main House at the Bradley Estate.
* Research similar events at historic homes for ideas.
* Contact vendors for activities, food/refreshments, art exhibits, lighting, etc.
* Help promote the event locally and regionally
* Work as a team with other volunteers and with Trustees staff in both planning and implementation of the holiday event
* Log volunteer hours weekly, http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
* Interest in historic homes and holiday planning
* Excellent communication skills
* Experience working on a team
* Excellent event planning skills and/or willingness to learn these skills!
* Available to plan the holiday event over six months and assist with the actual holiday event over two weeks in early December
* Personal computer, reliable internet access and e-mail (if working from home)
Time Commitment Needed
Up to two hours per week from June through August, and then 2 to 4 hours September through November, and 5 hours + during the two week holiday event in December.
- Exhibition Arts
- Interior / Exterior Design
- People Skills
- Visual Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 2 hours week thru June, 4-5 hours per week til Dec
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Kitchen Assistant - Powisset Farm
- Fall Barnyard Cleanup - Weir...
- Event Volunteer at Eleanor Cabot...
- Bricklayer/Mason - Bradley Estate
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- CSA Harvest Crew - Weir River Farm
- Holiday Event Planner - Bradley...
- Communications Outreach...
- Children's Public Program...
- For a Song - Powisset Farm
- Nature Based Educator - Rocky...
- Carpenter Volunteer - Charles...
- Wednesday Workday Corps -...
- Data Entry-Moose Hill Farm
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...
- Habitat Restoration - Copicut...