The JFS Social & Wellness Centers provide a warm environment with social, educational, and recreational programs for older adults. Community members enjoy daily meals, exercise classes, art classes, games, cultural programs, and live
entertainment. This is a home away from home for many older adults.
Goal of Position:
As an Activity Instructor/Facilitator, your goal is to interactively teach / facilitate a class with clients about a specific topic area.
Sample ideas for activities and classes include:
* Art (Drawing, Painting, etc.)
* Music or Singing
* Language (Spanish, French, etc.)
* Brain Fitness
* Exercise (Tai Chi, Yoga, etc.)
* Computer Skills
* Support Group
* An opportunity to teach about a subject you are an expert & passionate about
* Engage the older adult community in fun and interesting activities
* Gain an understanding of social opportunities and community resources for older adults
* Meet new people and connect with others in the community
* Present information to the older adult community in an engaging way
* Instruct classes once a month or as needed for one hour (this is flexible depending on the center’s and the volunteer’s
* Excited, passionate, into and knowledgeable about their topic and about working with older adults
* Ability to work with older adults at varying stages of activity levels
* Comfortable with speaking publicly
* Experience teaching or leading activities (formally as a teacher/educator or through volunteer opportunities)
* Credentials appreciated in field of instruction
1. Must be at least 18 years old
2. Complete a volunteer application at www.jfssd.org/volapp
3. Complete Volunteer Interview and Orientation with JFS Volunteer Services
4. Must be punctual
Classes generally take place between 9:00am and 2:00pm on weekdays.
- Adult Education
- Public Speaking
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Instruct classes once a week or as needed.
- Classes generally take place between 9:00am and 2:00pm on weekdays.
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Food Drive Assistant
- Event Planning Internship
- Development Administrative...
- Food Drive Volunteer
- Hillcrest Distribution Volunteer
- Give Rides & Smiles! San Diego...
- Workshop Facilitator
- Data Entry Specialist-Community...
- Murphy Canyon Military...
- Marketing & Social Media Intern
- Bingo Caller
- BrainHQ Facilitator
- Food Pantry Warehouse Volunteers...
- Cozy Cafe-rista
- Receptionist Assistant
- Volunteer Donor Steward
- Activity Instructor/Facilitator
- Facilities Assitant
- Data Entry Specialist - Helping...