Under the supervision of the Founder/Executive Director and/or office manager or other staff member, provide tutoring to assigned students. All tutoring must be conducted online under supervision of New Heights Educational Group staff or at the NHEG office or other location designated and agreed upon by all parties. Assist students in improving academic achievement by meeting with them at least three hours a week. We are not like traditional tutoring services; we do not tutor to get a student through an assignment but to figure out the gaps and help the student fill them in with knowledge and hard work. Other assistance might include reviewing class material, discussing the text, formulating ideas for papers, or working on solutions to problems.
Qualifications & Requirements
● Recipient of an A or B grade in the course(s) to be tutored
● Responsible, dependable, honest, and mature
● Friendly, patient, and sensitive to a diversity of students
● Background check
● Resume, three references with email addresses required for adult teachers/tutors
● Letters from guidance counselor, teachers, principal etc. accepted for student tutors
All new tutors must complete a background check at their own expense and participate in tutor training. After signing up, tutors should review job description document in depth.
To be considered, please send all of the above mentioned documents to Pamela Clark email@example.com. Please use the Subject Line: Math Teacher/Tutor (your name)
- General Education
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year
- Volunteer Photographer/Artist
- Yearbook Coordinator
- Internet Radio Host
- Scholarship Researcher
- WordPress Expert Needed Urgently!
- PDF Presenter and Virtual...
- Videographer and cinematographers
- Speech Therapist - Language...
- LMS Assistant/Classroom Building
- Program Developer
- Event Coordinator/ Decorator
- Logo Design and Branding...
- Partnership Builder
- Cartoonist Volunteer
- Subsitute Teacher/Tutor Volunteer
- Secretary/ Grant Writer
- Online Class Monitors
- Grant Writers