The "Stream Team" is a dedicated group of volunteers that gather water quality data throughout the Lower Muskingum River Watershed. Stream Team members are trained by FLMR staff to collect habitat, biological and chemical data. The data collected by these amazing volunteers helps protect the streams in our communities so we may continue to enjoy using our local streams and rivers safely.
Through this invaluable data collection effort FLMR is able to:
- Establish baseline conditions for waters that would otherwise go unmonitored
- Track water quality trends over time
- Screen water for potential problems, for further study or for restoration efforts
- Help direct pollution control efforts to where they are most needed
- Evaluate the success of best management practices (BMPs) designed to mitigate problems
Volunteer water monitors build community awareness of pollution problems, help identify and restore problem sites, become advocates for their watersheds and increase the amount of needed water quality information available on our local bodies of water.
To find out more, please feel free to visit their website, www.muskingumriver.org.
Or you may contact FLMR at 740-374-4170 or email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in supporting a great organization!
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Volunteer with Rural Action!
- Moonlight Beach Cleanup
- July Friends of the Manitowoc...
- River Oak Woods Restoration
- Ocean Beach Cleanup
- Fire & Water River Clean Up 2017
- Volunteer with Earth Day...
- LaBagh/Hernandez Woods Restoration
- Volunteer with Friends of Lower...
- Arkansas River Clean-Up
- LaBagh/Hernandez Woods
- Volunteer with Friends of...
- Cramerton Cares River Cleanup
- Volunteer with the Lake Erie...
- Oceanside Pier Beach Cleanup
- Volunteer with Ohio River...
- Saranac River Cleanup
- Volunteer with Friends of Magee...
- Volunteer with Friends of Little...
- Clean Sweep of the Great Miami...