The Midtown Farmers Market is in need of volunteers for the 2018 season! As a local, community driven market determined to bring fresh, delicious, locally sourced food to the Corcoran and South Minneapolis community we depend on community volunteers like you.
Volunteers are needed for 2-4 hour shifts every market day (Saturdays 6am-1pm) to assist with processing SNAP-EBT token and credit card token sales, compost and recycling education, set-up and tear-down of the market, customer counts, and customer engagement. Bring a friend or family member and make a fun day of it!
6am-8am : Market Set Up
- Set up tents, tables, chairs, and signs, help musicians set up, update chalkboards
- Best for: Early birds who love a good sunrise workout!
9am-1:00pm : Market Assistants
- Educate market patrons about composting and recycling waste and direct waste to correct bins, staff the MFM information table, sell merchandise and market tokens, assist with customer counts and customer surveys when needed, promote special events and get visitors engaged.
- Best for: Friendly folks who are excited about the market mission and/or zero waste!
12:45pm-2:30pm : Market Tear Down
- Ask patrons to move out of the lot to allow vendors to drive through, put away tents, tables, chairs and other market supplies, retrieve signs from the lawn, market entrances, and building entrances.
- Best for: Physically active people who can lift tables and stack chairs.
Questions? Contact Kate Sheldon, Assistant Manager at email@example.com.
- Customer Service
- Event Management
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 - 4 hour shift
- Set up (6a-8a) and tear down (12:45p-2:30p) volunteers must be able to lift chairs and tables.