The Midtown Farmers Market is in need of volunteers for the 2016 season! As a local, community driven market determined to bring fresh, delicious, locally sourced food to the Corcoran and South Minneapolis community we depend on community volunteers like you.
Volunteers are needed for 2-3 hour shifts every market day (Saturdays 6a-1p, Tuesdays 1p-8p) to assist with processing SNAP-EBT token and credit card token sales, compost and recycling education, set-up and tear-down of the market, customer counts, and customer engagement. Bring a friend or family member and make a fun day of it!
6am-8am : Market Set Up
- Set up tents, tables, chairs, and signs, help musicians set up, update chalkboards
- Best for: Early birds who love a good sunrise workout!
8am-10:30am / 10:30am-1:00pm : Market Assistants
- Educate market patrons about composting and recycling waste and direct waste to correct bins , staff the MFM information table, sell merchandise and market tokens, assist with customer counts and customer surveys when needed, promote special events and get visitors engaged.
- Best for: Friendly folks who are excited about the market mission and/or zero waste!
12:45pm-2:30pm : Market Tear Down
- Ask patrons to move out of the lot to allow vendors to drive through , put away tents, tables, chairs and other market supplies , retrieve signs from the lawn, market entrances, and building entrances.
- Best for: Physically active people who can lift tables and stack chairs.
Questions? Contact Mallory Forseth, Assistant Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Customer Service
- Event Management
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 - 2 1/2 hour shift
- Set up (6a-8a) and tear down (12:45p-2:30p) volunteers must be able to lift chairs and tables.