DONATE TO THIS
20 people are interested
Help Save Cats / Kittens by Fostering
ORGANIZATION: Saving One Life
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
20 people are interested
Cuddle a Cat or Kitten.
We are looking for kitty friendly folks who might be willing to share a spare bedroom, bathroom, laundry room, office, etc. with a kitty / kittens in need of a safe place to prepare for adoption. Every foster family helps us to make a tremendous difference in the number of cats we save each year. There is no cost to you but a commitment of time and attention. Fostering is flexible enough for most lifestyles. We will match the kitties to each foster home's needs and wants. By offering your time, energy and home to a cat in need, you prepare the animal for adoption into a permanent home as well as help prevent overcrowding in our shelters.
About Saving One Life:
Saving One Life is an animal welfare organization in Arizona and San Diego County, CA. We save over 1500 animals per year. We are an entirely volunteer-run organization.
Our mission: Committed to a never-kill principle, Saving One Life Animal Rescue and Sanctuary protects, provides and cares for at-risk cats and dogs through foster and adoption programs, animal sanctuary services, feline colony management, community outreach and collaboration.
What Does Fostering Entail?
- Have a dedicated space to place foster cat(s) away from your household pets for at least 14 days (required quarantine).
- Refresh food and water daily
- Clean Litter Box
- Give medicine when necessary (i.e. for kitty cold)
Am I eligible to foster??
- Primary caregiver must be at least 18 years of age.
- Everyone in the home be in agreement about fostering
- Have a spare room or space to dedicate to the cat or kittens while at your home.
- Be willing to heap love and attention on kitties
- Own your home or have a rental that permits animals of this nature
- Reliable transportation, insurance and valid driver's license (Although we do have volunteers who can assist when necessary
- Property Insurance (homeowners or rental)
If you are interested in fostering, you will need to complete a foster application. Fostering also requires a home visit / interview to determine a proper fit and criteria. We recognize that becoming a foster family is a commitment. We work with each family to determine how often and how many kitties they wish to help at one time.
We coordinate to ensure that animals are cared for and / or relocated when a foster is out of town or needs a temporary break from fostering (having company in, surgery, etc.). The average time a cat or litter of kittens is with a foster family is between two - six weeks. The timeline is based on whether the animal has been vaccinated, altered, is healthy (not having a kitty cold), socially ready for adoption and availability at our adoption center.
This is a great opportunity for empty-nesters, families assessing whether they are ready to adopt or someone who wants to help save lives. Please consider getting involved. We cannot help cats when we don't have foster families available. It is that simple.
About Saving One Life
PO Box 6458, Chandler, AZ 85246, US
Committed to a never-kill principle, Saving One Life Animal Rescue and Sanctuary protects, provides and cares for at-risk cats and dogs through foster and adoption programs, animal sanctuary services, feline colony management, community outreach and collaboration.
Who We Serve:
Animals within Arizona and San Diego area who join the rescue from shelters, owners and strays.
- Never Kill Commitment to every animal
- Provide preventative and comprehensive veterinary care
- Uphold adoption standards
TempeTempe, AZ 85281
October 24, 2022
- Animal Care / Handling
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 - 8 weeks
- Spare bedroom or bathroom