Tri-County Office on Aging (Diabetes-PATH workshop)
6 people are interested
Diabetes PATH (Personal Action Towards Health) is a 6-week workshop that helps people with diabetes, or a caregiver of someone with diabetes, learn skills to help manage their condition and improve their quality of life.
Become a Diabetes PATH Leader!!
We are looking for enthusiastic people to lead workshops in Ingham, Clinton, or Eaton counties.
A PATH leader should meet the following qualifications:
- Is a role model for healthy behaviors
- Possesses good listening skills, is non-judgmental, and dependable
- Has life experience with diabetes or is a caregiver to someone with diabetes
- Has some experience with, and is comfortable speaking in front of groups
- Can follow a scripted manual while connecting with participants
- No prior teaching experience or healthcare education is required, but it is a plus
Things to know:
- You must attend all four days of the training
- Snacks, lunch, and all materials are included
- Registration fee is $85 per person. For individuals facilitating the workshop as part of their work, we ask your organization to cover the $85 registration fee. Tri-County Office on Aging will cover this fee for volunteers.
Diabetes PATH Leader Training Dates:
Thurs., March 21, 2019 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Fri., March 22, 2019 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Wed., March 27, 2019 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Thurs., March 28, 2019 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Training location: MSU Extension Conference Room, 1715 Lansing Ave. Suite 257, Jackson, MI 49202
DEADLINE TO REGISTER FOR TRAININGS IS MARCH 8, 2019.
To request an application or for more information, contact Christine Histed at 517-887-1450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about TCOA's evidence-based programs, please visit https://www.tcoa.org/classesevidence-based-programs/.
We'll work with your schedule.
5303 S. Cedar St. Bldg. 1Lansing, MI 48911
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- See opportunity description for training date info
- Ability to pass criminal background check.