7 people are interested
Leader for Diabetes PATH workshop through Tri-County Office on Aging
ORGANIZATION: Tri-County Office on Aging
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
Due to COIVD-19 all in-person volunteer trainings are on hold. However, if you are interested in volunteering for this program please contact Tri-County Office on Aging and you will be updated on the status of future volunteer trainings. Thank you for understanding!
DO YOU WANT TO HELP OTHERS MANAGE DIABETES?
We are looking for enthusiastic people to lead the Diabetes PATH (Personal Action Toward Health) workshop in Clinton, Eaton, and Ingham counties.
Diabetes PATH (Personal Action Towards Health) is a 6-week workshop in which trained lay leaders (this is where you come in!) help people with diabetes, or a caregiver of someone with diabetes, learn skills to help manage their condition and improve their quality of life. Workshops meet for 2 1/2 hours once/week for 6 weeks. Total time commitment is 15 hours.
- Role model for healthy behaviors
- Possess good listening skills, non-judgmental, and dependable
- Life experience with diabetes, is a caregiver to someone with diabetes, or wants to help others manage diabetes.
- Comfortable speaking in front of others and facilitating groups
- Can follow a scripted manual while connecting with participants
- No prior teaching experience or healthcare education is required
- Trainings are 4 full days and you must attend each day to become a leader
- Next training will be at Tri-County Office on Aging, located at 5303 S. Cedar St. in Lansing, MI. The training will be on the following dates (you must attend all of the days to be a leader):
- Thursday, March 16, 2023 from 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Friday, March 17, 2023 from 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Thursday, March 23, 2023 from 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Friday, March 24, 2023 from 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
To request an application or for more information, contact Christine T. Histed at 517-887-1450 or email@example.com.
To learn more about TCOA's evidence-based programs, please visit https://www.tcoa.org/classesevidence-based-programs/
About Tri-County Office on Aging
5303 S. Cedar St., Building 1, Lansing, MI 48911, US
Our mission is to promote and preserve the independence and dignity of the aging population.
The Tri-County Office on Aging (TCOA) was founded as the Area Agency on Aging in 1974 by Clinton, Eaton, and Ingham counties and the cities of Lansing and East Lansing. TCOA's mission is to promote and preserve the independence and dignity of the aging population.
As as not-for-profit organization, TCOA helps older adults access programs and benefits, improve their health, and remain active in their communities. Working in partnership with agencies and service providers across the area, TCOA embraces a person-centered philosopy that focuses on how a person wants to live their life while honoring their preferences.
Programs such as Meals on Wheels, health and wellness classes, caregiver supports, and general information and assistance make a significant, positive difference in the lives of local seniors.
5303 S. Cedar St. Bldg. 1Lansing, MI 48911
November 17, 2022
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- See opportunity description for training date info
- Ability to pass criminal background check.