San Elijo Nature Center-Volunteers Needed!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereSan Elijo Lagoon Ecological Reserve & Nature Ctr2710 Manchester AveCardiff By The Sea, CA 92024
We're looking for volunteers to:
- Staff Nature Center building to allow park rangers time in the field.
- Greet and orient visitors to the Nature Center and loop trail.
- Provide visitors with trail maps and directions to trail heads.
- Assist visitors with identifying birds and other flora and fauna of the lagoon.
- Sell snacks, field guides, etc.
- Answer phone and take messages for ranger staff.
- Notify rangers by phone or radio of any emergencies.
- Assist with craft preparation for interpretive programs and events.
This opportunity provides volunteers with the chance to gain valuable experiences, working with our rangers, while providing an important service to the visitors to the Nature Center. This is primarily a solo position. Nature Center coverage is needed Monday-Friday, 9am-12pm and 1pm-4pm.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 3-4 hours per week
- Customer service is paramount.
- Support Parks one evening a...
- Work Party with a Ranger at...
- San Elijo Nature...
- It's How We Live! Community...
- History Buffs Wanted!
- After-School Program...
- Let's plant some big trees!
- Volunteer Park Patrol
- Trail Posts-Get in the ground!
- Live-in Park Host in County Parks
- Do you love History? Become a...
- Native plants, get into the...