Are you interested in helping the Pikes Peak Children's Museum (PPCM) become a permanent, standalone children's museum? We've got an opportunity for you!
The PPCM needs interested community members who can further our operations by joining the following committees:
- Communications -- This committee takes care of marketing and public relations. These creative and inventive folks manage our graphic design, media relations, web design, advertising, social media, promotions, marketing, and public relations. If you're a creative (wannabe or otherwise), if you've ever marketed an event or a small business, or if you're connected in the Colorado Springs media community, we want you here!
- Fundraising -- This is our committee that secures corporate sponsorships, grants, and philanthropic donations. They work to ensure we're included in corporate matching programs and they manage our IndyGive! campaign. If you've got a knack for numbers or sales, this is your place.
- Operations -- This committee recruits volunteers, interns, and board members. They look for future exhibit opportunities and places to host those exhibits. If you've got connections to volunteer groups, real estate magnates, or other children's museums, or if you're especially gifted at the art of negotiation, we'd love to have you here!
- Events -- The events committee runs our popular Noon Year's Eve party and plans our participation in festivals and other events around Colorado Springs. They also create and plan events that take place in the museum when we have exhibits up and running. If you've got experience in early childhood education, elementary education, or theater or if you've got connections in the local business community or if you're supremely organized and detail-oriented, we could use your help here!
Because the PPCM is in its emerging phase, we're still an almost all-volunteer organization (we only have one employee and she's only part-time). That means almost every task which would normally be taken on by employees in other organizations is completed by volunteers at the PPCM. By volunteering to be on one of our committees, you'll be making a real difference in the future of the PPCM and in the Colorado Springs community.
Committees typically meet once per month for approximately one hour and committee members give an additional 1-3 hours per month behind the scenes and, depending on the committee, possibly a few more hours at events or activities hosted by the museum.
- Web Design
- Grant Writing / Research
- Event Planning / Management
- Business Development
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 1-8 hours per month