Palliative Arts Volunteers are able to comfort patients by providing holistic services in one of the following modalities:
- Pet Visits - The use of pets to provide comfort, peace and well-being.
- Aromatherapy - The use of essential oils to promote health of the body, mind and spirit.
- Reiki - The use of energy therapy techniques to promote relaxation and reduce suffering caused by anxiety/agitation and to create a sense of peacefulness.
- Licensed Massage Therapy - The use of "hands on" techniques delivered by a Licensed Massage Therapist to promote relaxation and reduce pain.
- Music - The use of music as a tool, gift or opportunity to bring peace and comfort.
- Music Theory
- Spiritual Healing
- Massage Therapy
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Varies accordingly to assignment; flexible.
- Lights of Lake Park 2017
- Empath Cafe Support Volunteer
- Suncoast Hospice Resale Shoppe...
- Volunteer Receptionist – Be a...
- Hospice Palliative Arts Volunteer
- Suncoast Hospice Patient/Family...
- Veterans Serving Veterans...
- Empath Partners in Care- EPIC
- Healthcare-Suncoast PACE...
- Organizational Support – Office,...
- Healthcare Volunteers - A wide...