Veterans Serving Veterans
As a Veteran Serving Veteran volunteer, you will have the honor of extending a warm hand of friendship to military veterans with serious illness and those nearing the end of life. This service offers a special bond only those with military experiences share and a way to pay tribute to those who have served our country - your military brothers and sisters. Visit military veteran patients, take part in special pinning ceremonies, present appreciation certificates, share holiday events or help interview veterans who share life and military stories through the Veterans History Project.
Volunteer Orientation is a four-hour training session for individuals interested in learning more about Empath Health’s volunteer opportunities.
Patient/Family Support Training consists of 12 hours of training for individuals interested in providing caring support to Suncoast Hospice patients and families. Empath Health Volunteer Orientation is a prerequisite.
To register for class and verify locations: Please call Volunteer Registration at 727-523-3440. Registration ends 3 business days before the start of training.
- Patient Care
- Veteran Care
- Community Outreach
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Varies accordingly to assignment; flexible.
- Bereavement Volunteer
- Suncoast Hospice Resale Shoppe...
- Volunteer Receptionist – Be a...
- Empath Health Teen Volunteer
- Palliative Arts Volunteer
- Suncoast Hospice Patient/Family...
- Veterans Serving Veterans...
- Telephone Support Volunteer
- Suncoast PACE (Program of...
- Empath Partners in Care- EPIC
- Organizational Support – Office,...
- Empath Health Volunteers Needed...