Image Impact International seeks Grant Writers to support our Philanthropy Team. This volunteer position is responsible for writing proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted program projects.
- Responsible for preparing, submitting, and managing grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Work with finance and program chairs to gather information necessary to complete proposals.
- Understand the organization’s history and programs; assist with developing a compelling case statement.
- Review logic models, and grants strategy worksheets.
- Maintain current records in spreadsheet and a secure cloud location, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Write or supervise writing of all proposals, budgets, reports, and other ancillary materials.
- Track grants and deadlines by developing an internal grant proposal calendar and reporting spreadsheet.
- Develop and foster relationships with funders.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Strong contributor in team environments.
- Minimum of one-year experience with grant proposal writing.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
- Time Commitment: Minimum of 3-5 virtual hours per month; which may include evening
- Please submit the following documents for consideration:
Resume or CV.
Bio of 100-300 words using III Bio Guidelines.
- Candidates may submit materials electronically via Word or PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT IMAGE IMPACT INTERNATIONAL
Image Impact International, Inc. (III) is a global Non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Our mission is to mentor first-generation students to remain in college. Through our college to career bridge programs, we provide the leadership, communication, and professional skills needed for workplace success.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact Marisol Rosero-Allen at email@example.com.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People Skills
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 3-5 hours per month
- Volunteers located in New york metro area is a plus. preferred but not required