Dorchester Neighborhood Service Center
The Dorchester Neighborhood Service Center is looking for volunteers for its Youth Academy Program, an after school enrichment program serving youth from 6 to 12 years of age.
- Lead a club such as gardening club, science club, etc.
- Prepare activities to engage students with the subject matter
- Develop positive relationships with students and practice instructional skills
Skills & Qualifications:
We want creative, flexible, and dedicated individuals that will act as mentors to our students. Interest and belief in urban education and students is a must. Experience working with youth preferred.
Length of Commitment:
The Youth Academy Program is broken down into 8 to 9 week sessions listed below:
Session I - September 21st - November 20th
Session II - November 30th - February 12th
Session III - February 22nd - April 15th
Session IV - April 25th - June 20th
Session V - June 27th - August 19th (this runs on a full day schedule)
Volunteers can sign up for one or more sessions between Sessions I and Session IV.
Schedule (including day and time if applicable):
Clubs run every Fridayfrom 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm.
Please submit resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department, 178 Tremont St. Boston, MA 02111, Fax (617) 423-7693, or email email@example.com with subject line: Youth Academy Club Leader.
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Housing Intern/Volunteer
- Community Planning Interns
- Video Editing Intern
- Outreach Administrator Volunteer
- Family Engagement Coordinators
- Intake Assistant Interns
- Elder Services Interns
- Special Projects Volunteer
- Case Managers - Jamaica Plain
- Arts and Crafts Instructor
- Administrative Assistant - East...
- Graphic Design Volunteer
- Career Explorations Tutor
- Graphic Design Intern
- Administrative Assistants --...
- Administrative Assistant -...
- WorkSmart Tutor
- Events Intern
- STUDENT SUPPORT INTERN/VOLUNTEER
- Community Planning and Research...