Marketing & Social Media Manager
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
The National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP) is looking for someone passionate about writing and making a difference. NAAHP is seeking a new member for our marketing team to serve as a marketing whiz and social media manager. The ideal candidate brings strong organizational skills, discernment, flexibility, and a passion for NAAHP’s mission. The individual willcreate content, analyze user-related statistics, conduct best practice research, and create a content distribution schedule for the NAAHP social media channels. The candidate will also assist in coordinating the marketing efforts - print and digital - for the organization in partnership with the Strategic Marketing Director and the Associate Marketing Director. The ideal candidate makes sure all work follows editorial policies and standards. Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within community is helpful. The individual relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job; and is able to work independently and/or under immediate supervision. Marketing & Social Media Manager reports to the Strategic Marketing Director.
- Lead the designing, building, and maintenance of the NAAHP’s social media presence, including the creation of a comprehensive and cross-platform content and syndication plan and calendar
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Manage and maintain a consistent look, feel, and messaging throughout all web and social media properties.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Performs independent research, interviews, analyze information and composes clear, concise copy
- Completes tasks as assigned by Strategic Marketing Director or Associate Marketing Manager
- Proven working experience in social media or related field
- Strong writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office software or other tools
- Cooperative team member
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines a plus
- Undergraduate degree in English, communication, or a related area desirable
- Basic Computer Skills
- Online Flash/Video Production
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Reading / Writing
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 to 3 hours/week