The Auxiliary Board is a group of young professionals dedicated to supporting and creating awareness of Reading is Fundamental in Chicago's mission to develop a passion for reading in Chicago's most at risk population of children who have limited access to books. The purpose of the Auxiliary Board is:
- Raise awareness of Reading in Fundamental in Chicago's programs
- Outreach and recruitment to a younger segment of individuals ages 22-35
- Enhance resource development and expand donor and volunteer base
- Create a pathway to leadership for future service on the governing Board of Directors
- Serve on select committees of Reading is Fundamental in Chicago's Board of Directors including Marketing and Development, Annual Benefit Host Committee and Finance and Audit.
- Network with the Board of Directors and active business and civic leaders at events.
- Commence a track towards future opportunities to serve on the Board of Directors.
- Receive acknowledgement in our Annual Benefit program, Annual Report, and website.
- Contribute to the legacy of service for one of the oldest nonprofit organizations in Chicagoland.
- Be an Ambassador of Reading is Fundamental in Chicago and raise awareness about its programs.
- Coordinate and participate in special fundraising/outreach events, hosted by the Auxiliary Board to expand resources for Reading is Fundamental in Chicago such as runs, walks, happy hour gatherings, etc.
- Have a great idea for a social event that can raise dollars and recruit new volunteers? Let us know!
- Provide entrée to potential donors, including foundations, corporations, churches, civic organizations or individual donors.
- Make an annual gift of $100 to Reading is Fundamental in Chicago, which is tax deductible. Terms for Auxiliary Board Members are for one year!
Please contact Mary Case at 708-884-1582 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graphic Design
- Literacy / Reading
- Community Outreach
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 22
- Orientation or Training
- The time commitment will average 20 hours/yr.