Do you love horses? Our nonprofit is based on confidence and leadership training in partnership with horses. Many volunteers are teen girls with a passion for horses. Fundraising is necessary for the organization to stay in business, caring for rescued horses in sanctuary.
Fundraising Program Coordinator
The Fundraising Program Coordinator is a fund-raising professional responsible for staffing up to three programs within the campaign. This includes working with the Directors, Founder and volunteers to plan and carry out campaign strategies and meet campaign goals and objectives.
Reports directly to the Founder. This position is responsible for the month to month coordination of fundraising.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in developing and implementing the overall campaign plan.
- Prepares and implements plans for cultivation and solicitation.
- Implements a tracking/monitoring system for assigned program(s); regularly updates account information and prepares ongoing evaluations.
- In conjunction with campaign volunteers, is responsible for preparing and implementing program campaign plans and strategies in accordance with the Campaign objectives, plan and timetable.
- Conducts or reviews research on prospective donors; develops and recommends approach strategy including setting dollar and/or participation goals.
- Works closely with Founder, Board and Volunteers to develop plans, set goals, monitor activities, identify problems, and prepare action plans to resolve problems; prepares regular progress reports and overall evaluations.
- Provides fund-raising support to senior volunteers throughout the campaign by attending calls.
- Provides information, fund-raising expertise, and advice on planning and coordination of campaigns to Campaign Chairs, committees and canvassers to assist them in the management of their campaigns.
- Provides training/information to volunteers as required.
- Performs other duties related to the qualifications and requirements of the position.
Makes decisions requiring judgment in organizing and analyzing data, in communicating with volunteers and donors and in developing recommendations, proposals and approaches affecting donor cultivation solicitation and recognition.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Direct fund-raising experience. Supervisory experience and experience working with volunteers at various levels throughout the community are essential.
- Ability to independently apply a broad knowledge of fund-raising practices and principles.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to coordinate and direct the work of others.
- Ability to exercise a high level of tact and discretion in both internal and external interactions. Ability to motivate and lead a team and work as a team member. Ability to create and maintain good working relationships with a variety of internal and external constituents.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Resource Development / Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Donor Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-10 hours per week