Help our community deepen its enthusiasm, appreciation and knowledge of the Laguna de Santa Rosa! Laguna Guides are trained volunteers who share their knowledge about the Laguna during public education events at the Laguna Environmental Center and on Laguna trails throughout the watershed. Help our community deepen its enthusiasm, appreciation and knowledge of the Laguna de Santa Rosa!
The Laguna Guides training program prepares volunteers to lead walks, activities and tours on Laguna trails and at the Laguna Environmental Center. Guides also host events at the Center, and help manage Great Blue Heron Hall during public education talks, classes and workshops. Training classes are focused on the natural environment and cultural history of the Laguna, and how to create dynamic visitor experiences. The course fee is $90. Payments can be made in installments and partial scholarships are available.
Training Application Process...
1) Read more about the Public Education Program here: http://www.lagunafoundation.org/laguna_walks_classes.shtml
2) If you are excited about the opportunity to become a Guide, please complete and submit the training application here: http://lagunafoundation.org/pdfs/2018LagunaGuidesTrainingApplication.pdf
3) Once submitted and received, you will be contacted with further information.
4) Review the 2018 course training schedule here: http://lagunafoundation.org/pdfs/2018%20Laguna%20Guides%20Training%20Schedule.pdf
5) Plan to attend one orientation on either:
Monday, February 26 from 6:00-8:00 PM. Please RSVP here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/orientation-for-laguna-docent-guide-greeter-training-tickets-41151133147
March 12, 2018 from 10:00 AM - Noon. Please RSVP here:
Both events take place in Heron Hall at the Laguna Environmental Center (900 Sanford Rd Santa Rosa).
Upon completion of the training course, a minimum commitment of 5 volunteer hours each month is requested. Guides are part of the Laguna Education Programs Volunteer Team which includes fun on-going opportunities for continuing education, special outings and social events with fellow education programs volunteers.
We hope you will join us for this life enriching experience that also benefits the Laguna and the community!
For more information, please contact Christine Fontaine, Director of Education Programs
Phone: (707) 527-9277 x102
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment