Translator for Refugee & Immigration Services
DONATE TO THIS
28 people are interested
Do you speak multiple languages? If the answer is yes, we have just the position for you!
Utilize your skills and lend a hand to our Refugee and Immigration Services! We are looking for a volunteer who can translate documents and in person or telephonic correspondence. By eliminating communication barriers, volunteers help clients access critical services.
All you need is:
- The ability to translate various documents from a second language to English or vice versa
- To attend meetings between clients and department staff while acting as an interpreter
- To pass a background check (provided by JFS)
- To provide your own transportation
- To attend a general Volunteer Orientation and a program interview
By joining the team you are:
- Breaking down language barriers
- Providing an avenue to critical services
- Committing to an on-call volunteer role for a minimum of 4-months
- Committing to about 2-3 hours of volunteering per week according to your own availability
We'll work with your schedule.
6160 Mission Gorge Rd. Suite #207San Diego, CA 92120
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18