Use your commercial HVAC skills to support Bible translation through installing, upgrading, maintaining, and repairing HVAC systems at the JAARS Center.
Your involvement will provide the services to keep our staff in comfortable working conditions, so that they can provide the technical and logistical support that makes translation work possible in the most remote locations.
Office, medical, childcare, and housing facilities on the JAARS Center also allow missionaries to receive training, healthcare, and spiritual renewal. Your services will greatly impact their stay here.
Repair and maintain various heating, ventilation, cooling, and refrigeration systems for JAARS buildings.
- For a full time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be able to work in the US
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Respond to repair requests on various systems at JAARS
- Install or assist in the installation of new systems
- Assist facilities maintenance administration in making recommendations for equipment upgrades
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Requirements and Experience Desired
- Experience in servicing commercial HVAC systems
- Certification in handling refrigerants, such as R-22, R-134a and R-410
- Two years of experience in general maintenance work
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
- Facilities Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- full time
- volunteer or missionary who raises own support
- Kitchen Assistant
- Avionics Technician
- Aviation Hangar Receptionist
- IT Project Manager
- Aviation Parts/Inventory Manager
- Aviation Mechanic
- Mission Teams Assistant
- Software Developer - Language
- Aviation Hangar Bookkeeper
- Partner Relations Representative
- Gift Shop Procurement Coordinator
- Training Coordinator
- Mission Team Manager Assistant
- Type Designer
- Mission Teams Manager
- IT Network Security Engineer
- Tour Ambassador
- 4WD and Motorcycle Instructor