The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance is seeking volunteers to provide information and social support for oncology patients and families at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) Clinic. Guest Services Volunteers work in the Main Lobby on the first floor.
- Provide excellent customer service for patients and families who enter the clinic through the main lobby or call the Guest Services Desk.
- Provide information about Seattle and the Lake Union area, including restaurants, grocery stores, shopping areas, bus routes, shuttle services and recreational activities.
- A ssist the Volunteer Services staff with distributing donated tickets for special events and other diversionary activities to patients’ families.
- Escort patients to floors and appointments, assisting wheelchair patients as needed.
- Assist with patient parking validation and requesting taxicabs and special transportation (HopeLink, First Hill Shuttle, etc) for patients as needed.
- Distribute maps/shuttle schedules, general information on Clinic (brochures, classes).
New volunteers must be able to commit to a minimum of 3 months to the Volunteer Services program. Volunteers assist an average of one 4 hour shift per week . Currently Recruiting for shifts on Thursday’s from 8 am - 12 pm & Friday’s 8 am - 12 pm.
To learn more abopt volunteer opportunities available visit www.sccavolunteer.org. Orientatins are offered in January, May, July & October.
If you have additional questions, please reply to this posting, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-288-1072. Thank you for your interest!
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One 4 hour shift a week