Hello! Cindy's Legacy is seeking a dedicated and reliable individual who has experience with marketing, event planning and/or fundraising, or who has a passion for it and would like to gain some on-the-job experience.
We are a very small volunteer organization with a board of four. Our mission is to provide financial aid and administrative assistance to cancer patients. We've successfully provided more than $30K to more than 100 cancer patients across this nation.
We are seeking several volunteers or interns who can help plan our annual charity golf event (August 2017 in Dulles, Virginia). Tasks may include:
- Assist Board Members with research and inquiries about corporate sponsorships
- Assist Board Members with research and inquiries for silent auction donations (local and national businesses)
- Use creativity and communications skills to identify and engage local businesses by seeking donations of promotional products and/or giveaways for our attendee gift bags
- Market/promote golf event on social media; submit to various local media
- Help with pre-event logistics as needed (planning, organizing, etc.)
- On-site logistics including set up, registration desk, break down, etc.
This is a virtual position, however we need this person to reside in the Washington DC Metro. In-person meetings and participation in events may be required.
We are looking for an outgoing and energetic volunteer who is reliable and eager to work. Seeking serious inquiries only!! We are also open to volunteers who have a specific interest (i.e. logistics, marketing, sponsorships). If interested, please respond by providing us with a brief summary of your interest/qualifications and goals with regards to this volunteer opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you!!
- Business Development
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
- Sales Marketing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Appx. 10 hours a month