We are seeking energetic, self-starters who are able to work independently planning workshops,panels, poetry slams, mini fundraisers and activities to raise awareness about child sexual abuse,human trafficking, and campus assaults and dating violence on the campus of Wayne State University.
YOU MUST BE A STUDENT AT WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY TO BE AN ADVOCATE WITH THE WAYNE STATE CHAPTER OF JUST SPEAK, INC.
Our Advocates receive Certified training in Sexual Assault Advocacy/Counseling from the Office for Victims of Crimes
Campus Advocates are busy
- Facilitating programming/groups
- Conducting student-led workshops on campus and in the community
- Hositing Awareness events on campus and in the community
- Volunteering with local shelters and agencies
- Hosting Corporate volunteers for partnerships
- Work closely with the campus coordinator to plan events and activities that support the mission of Just Speak!
- Must have excellent leadership skills, submit written reports, minutes, and communications to the campus coordinator/executive director of Just Speak, Inc weekly to keep her abreast of all activites.
- Must be able to chair committees and/or assist as a team member, plan and executive regular chapter meetings; as well as develop chapter goals in keeping with the overall mission of the nonprofit.
- Must be able to recruit and sustain chapter membership.
- Must be courteous, diplomatic and sensitive to others and keep the integrity of Just Speak Incorporated at all times.
- TIME MANAGEMENT & ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS ARE A MUST. You must be able to balance your academics & workload with your obligation to Just Speak!!
Ideal candidates must submit a resume and submit the DHS clearance(found on our website: www.justspeak.org).
Men and women advocates welcome!! Diversity is appreciated and encouraged!
- Strategic Planning
- Youth Services
- Crisis Intervention
- Community Outreach
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5+ weekly hours
- leadership, ability to work on a team, ability to follow instructions, & adhere to deadlines.