Collect old shoes- any condition, any size! The benefits are three-fold: collected shoes are prevented from creating hazardous chemicals in landfills, they are used to build microenterprise in developing nations, and they financially support a nonprofit, Rukundo International.
Rukundo International is working towards building a school for orphans in Uganda.
The volunteer would recruit a small team, develop a strategy, promote the event, secure a place to store the schoes, and schedule a final pick up. All associated promotional materials and full-time virtual support will be provided. The volunteer would be responsible for collecting a minimum of 100 bags of shoes with 25 pairs in each bag. It sounds intimidating, but people are very eager to get rid of things they no longer want or wear.
This is a great opportunity to build your resume and make a difference! This is a great opportunity for high school and college groups.
- Customer Service
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours per week for 8 weeks
- Volunteers Needed to Acquire...
- Outreach Manager
- Vice President
- Clean Water Chapter of Ugandan...
- College Club Leader for...
- QuickBooks Online Bookkeeper for...
- Nonprofit Photography Intern
- Web Designer and Content Manager
- High School Club Leader for...
- Social Media Marketing for the...
- Collect Used Shoes to Create...